Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Ping Pong

I've mentioned many times before my love for Dim Sum and my restaurant of choice is definitely New World in China Town (which I blogged about here). 

However, it's not always possible to go to New World and when I want my Dim Sum fix I inevitably end up at Ping Pong

Ping Pong has many restaurants scattered throughout London and it brings tasty affordable Dim Sum to the masses. However, unlike New World, it is serves Dim Sum all day which I think would cause most traditionalists to baulk. After all, it's really only supposed to be a breakfast or at latest a lunch thing.

Thankfully I am not a traditionalist, and I love dumplings at any time of the day. This includes 3 o'clock in the afternoon when M and I found ourselves wandering along Southbank and feeling a little peckish. Ok, so that's a bit of lie... We were actually feeling pretty thirsty and seeing as it was the Bank Holiday, fancied treating ourselves to cocktails.

Ping Pong has an excellent and varied cocktail list priced at just over £6 per cocktail which, for London, really isn't that bad.

I kicked things off with the exquisite Rose Lychee Martini 




M chose a wasabi amaretto sour which he raved about. I'm not keen on wasabi but even I thought it was delicious.


Then it was onto a ginseng passion



Before finishing up with strawberries and aloe vera foam.


After all that booze, I definitely needed the white peony tea I ordered next





And we thought it would be rude not to order a few snacks of the menu. This was made ridiculously easy by simply ticking the numbered list of options.



Our few snacks soon escalated and we greedily snaffled the following:

Garlic and black pepper prawn crackers



Steamed edamame


And my favourite - char sui buns - steamed bread filled with sticky BBQ pork.



We visited the Ping Pong in Southbank, but you can also find them in 8 other locations. Follow them @PingPong 

1 comment:

  1. Those cocktails look fantastic! Also!!! You have the most beautiful hair ever! So gorgeous!

    emily | HONEY LOAF x

    ReplyDelete