Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday 9 May 2013

Food: What I Ate Today - 8th May

Since I returned from Egypt, I've been back on the healthy diet bandwagon. I just thought I'd share with you the things I've been rustling up.

Firstly, lunch was my current favourite, quinoa. I really enjoyed roasting off some butternut squash a couple of weeks earlier and incorporating that into a quinoa salad, but it was time consuming and yesterday I wanted food, fast! Instead, I microwaved a couple of sweet potates for 10 minutes and scooped out the flesh. I added some cooked frozen peas, freshly chopped mint and a can of black eyed peas, and voila! a super easy, tasty and healthy lunch. I made loads too - Martin's been instructed to take it to work everyday!

quinoa salad with sweet potato, peas, mint and black eyed peas

Then I made some more old favourites, granola bars. However, since I haven't had the opportunity to go food shopping yet, the fruit options were pretty limited: figs and raisins. Plus I didn't have any butter so I had to make do with margarine. They still did the job though!

granola bars - before being cut into bars

Finally, I was flicking back through some old recipes on my blog and I stumbled across my Vietnamese Noodle Soup. This made a great post yoga dinner. It's very light and fresh. Feel free to jazz it up with coconut milk, chicken pieces, fresh ginger, chilli and coriander - they all taste great. Last night, I kept it simple and stuck to the recipe.


What sorts of meals do you whip up when you're in a rush? I'm making spaghetti bolognese tonight - an old favourite and really quick too!

PS Before I go, I couldn't resist sharing photos of my new Samsung Galaxy S4. I've been hanging onto my old phone for ages, but it's truly battered and its home button no longer works (unless I hammer it!). I can't explain how much I love my S4, although it's probably far too technical and sophisticated for the likes of me and I've only scratched the surface in terms of what it can do.




No comments:

Post a Comment